Regular exams are typically recommended every 6 months. Kids Dental will complete a comprehensive evaluation of possible oral issues including: cavities, oral pathology, airway, oral habits, and oral development.
Benefits of Regular Exams
- Cleaning of the teeth by removing any plaque or mineral deposits (also called tartar) to decrease the likelihood of tooth decay and gum disease
- Early diagnosis of cavities or locations where cavities are just starting
- Examine your child’s smile for signs of any damaging dental conditions
- Help child become more comfortable with dental visits and better prepare for possible future restorative visits
- Regular digital radiographs as needed based on child’s cavities risk
- Help patients and parents understand what small changes they can make to have a BIG difference in preventing cavities