What is a Pediatric Dentist?
Upon completion of dental school, pediatric dentists receive additional training to become pediatric specialists. This training focuses solely on managing the oral health of children of all stages and needs. The extra training from a pediatric dental residency is important but another critical part of care is the caring, fun, and informative atmosphere at Kids Dental helps ensure a positive dental experience for our little patients.
Why Choose a Pediatric Dentist?
- Pediatric dentists are trained in behavioral development and psychology. This training helps our team communicate and connect with children in the most effective manner. Children are very smart at reading the people with whom they interact. At Kids Dental we build relationships of trust so we can effectively help children improve their oral health.
- We utilize specific techniques to help little patients thrive in what may be new situations and experiences during their dental visits.
- Kids Dental will design accommodations for patients with special needs or those who might need a little extra time and attention. We want all of our patients to have great experiences and look forward to their dental appointments. Learn more about our special needs services here.
- Doctor Morin is trained in the treatment of children under nitrous oxide sedation, oral sedation, and general anesthesia for children.
- Pediatric dentists are trained to identify and correct a range of issues that arise in early developmental stages such as thumb sucking, pacifier cessation, dental & skeletal development, restorative dentistry, & preventative dentistry needs.