Our team will do all we can to help children have an awesome dental experience. A little preparation by parents can help ensure a child leaves happy and looks forward to coming back. Helping children understand what is going to happen can be beneficial because new experiences can be intimidating. It can also be helpful for a parent to let the child know it will be an easy and fun appointment. A child expecting a fun and easy dental visit will often have a fun and easy dental visit! Here are a few tips for parents to help their children enjoy their dental experience.
- Play dentist with the child by asking them to open their mouth so you can look at their teeth.
- Schedule appointments during times when the child is normally alert, awake, and happy.
- Keep regular dental visits! Having consistent positive experiences can help remove dental visit anxieties.
- Read a story about visiting the dentist. Some of Kids Dental’s favorite reads are:
- Dentist Trip (Peppa Pig) by Scholastic
- Smile by Raina Telgemeier (for ages 8-12 years)
- Watch a children’s show about a character visiting the dentist. Our team gives 5 stars to:
- Peppa Pig goes to The Dentist
- Daniel Tiger Gets His Teeth Cleaned